Wednesday, September 6, 2017

the story shop

Cute boutiques and book stores are some of my favorite spots to shop so when they are put together into one place I know I'm going to love it!

The cutest children's bookstore called The Story Shop opened in a town near ours a little over a year ago and I still had not taken the opportunity to bring the boys to it.  We had our first trip near the end of the summer and we were all in love.  This would have been my happy place as a little girl, as an adult it just brought joy to introduce my children to it.

Even though I had not yet been, I had many friends who had so I knew a lot of what to expect but I didn't let on to any of it for the boys so that they could see it all with fresh eyes.  None of us were disappointed.  While they are boys, so they don't appreciate visually beautiful spaces as much as a female might, the two spots I thought they would love, they indeed did love.  

The first they found easily because for my Hobbit loving boys it was easy to spot that on the wall there was a round wooden door with a handle in the middle, and "in a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

The second took awhile to discover and it was Connor that found it first.  On the wall is a giant armoire with it's doors shut.  With curiosity, Connor finally opened up the door and was greeted with fur coats hanging inside and just past, stairs up and into the armoire and then back down again into the story room for the shop.  There was an audible gasp along with boy accolades of "cool" and "awesome" along with footsteps of brothers who raced over to see what had been found.

I wish I had taken more pictures, so that I could convey the sweet awesomeness of this store and the imagination it spurs on but then again I would have missed a lot of reactions had I been behind the camera.  We each walked out with new books to read and excitement about a return visit.  






No comments:

Post a Comment